Dec 3, 2006
can you contract hep c through oral sex, intercourse, kissing, and if so how to prevent
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can uncommonly be transmitted through sexual intercourse. The risk seems to be higher in sex with trauma or sex in the setting of other sexually transmitted diseases. There is no documentation that I am aware of to suggest that HCV can be transmitted by oral sex or kissing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Can't The Body Fight Off Opportunistic Infections?
- Can I Take Creatine Supplements When I Have Hep C?
- What Are The Best Exercises For Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Does Peripheral Neuropathy Cause Foot Drop And Toe Curling?
- Will Hiv Make Your Skin Change Colors?
- Acute Hiv And Eye Problems
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.