Hep B

Hi!!! My Husband is a carrier of Hepatitis B+ and I had my vaccination for Hepatitis B+ during I was in Grade 11. Now my age is 25 years Old. I would like to know if I want to become pregnant will it safe for our baby or will the baby get it from my husband. My husbands Liver function and everything is normal.Are there ways I can improve my husbands health. He doesn't smoke or drink.

Thanks. Sadie

You ask several good questions. 1. I would have your hepatitis surface antibody checked to be certain that you still have a protective level of antibody. If not just get a booster shot. 2. If you are protected there should be no risk to the baby. 3. If your husband's LFTs are normal, then perhaps he is an inactive carrier. These patients do very well. He does need to get regular follow up to be certain that this status doesn't change. 4. No drinking of alcohol is terrific since alcohol plays a major role in disease progression.

hepatitid profile exam result
How many have HIV & HCV