Dec 3, 2006
I recently donated blood and receive a letter stating that my blood was negative for hepatitis B surface antigen and positive for hepatitis b core antibody..could you please tell me what these test results mean? My boyfriend and I are in a panic that we could have hepatitis!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B core probably means that you were exposed in the past and have cleared. The negative surface antigen is reassuring that you do not have chronic disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.