Dec 3, 2006
I recently donated blood and receive a letter stating that my blood was negative for hepatitis B surface antigen and positive for hepatitis b core antibody..could you please tell me what these test results mean? My boyfriend and I are in a panic that we could have hepatitis!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B core probably means that you were exposed in the past and have cleared. The negative surface antigen is reassuring that you do not have chronic disease.
what is the best medicine for hepa b
hepatitid profile exam result
- What Organism Causes Genital Warts?
- What If I've Never Had Sex And I Have Herpes?
- What Does A Herpes Blister Look Like?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- What Antibiotics Do For Peoples With Herpes?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.