|what is the best medicine for hepa b
Dec 3, 2006
i am positive for having hep b, my physician recomend me to take hepsera for 1 year, i would like to know if this medicine can really cure or eliminate the virus on my body? i am a nursing student i am very worried because i am not allowed to have my duty because of my condition. pls help me about this. thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are several treatments available. The best one will often depend on some patient related factors and the status of your hepatitis B infection so it is hard to answer your question directly.
You may want to ask about entecavir or telbivudine since they seem to suppress the HBV virus faster than adefovir.
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
- Can You Tell How Long Someone Has Been Hiv Positive?
- A Positive Hiv Antibody Test Result Means
- How Long After Exposure Can A Hepatitis C Test Be Positive?
- Will My Doctor Test Me For Herpes When I'm Pregnant?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.