The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The Oh Boy Answer
Dec 3, 2006

I thought that I had stated that we had seen our physician. We did have our test ran through them. We both were still positive. My son is in the infectious stage of hep B. and my test came back positive for hep B also. They told us we would be scheduled for an appt. with a gastrointerologist in Indianapolis. My last professional job was as a general manager for a major fast-food chain.. I do have severe psoriasis, and psoriatic arthritis. The doctor said that all my open skin from the psoriasis could have been the course of which I got hep B? Any suggestions on what the best course of action. I have had someone tell me to go to a pathologist, or hematologist.. Not the gastrointerologist? Thanks.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I would see either a gastroenterologist, a hepatologist, or an infectious disease doctor with expertise in hepatitis B.

What are the risk factor of contracting hepatitis c ?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint