|hepa b lab. results-plz. help!!!
Dec 3, 2006
Hi,doc.! Greetings! Your forum is of great help to us who's undergoing difficulties in life because of these infections. Thank you for your great concern to us. You're helping us look to the brighter side of life. God bless you for this. Well, my internal medicine doctor told me that i'm a healthy carrier of Hep B. What does this mean? I'm a nursing student & worried that this infection of mine might hinder my plans of working overseas as a health professional in the near future. Here's my lab results: HBsAg-Reactive, HBeAg- Non-reactive, Anti-HBe-Reactive, SGPT-15.1. I've had these lab. results about 1 1/2 years ago, because of financial problems, as much as I wanted to, I can't undergo those lab exams again, but really trying to prepare some money so that I can have my hepa profile again. Are there any problem if I'm going to work, esp. in the US as a nurse if I am a hepa B carrier, though my doctor told me that I'm a healthy carrier. My other concern is that even my husband & 2 sons are declared hepa b reactive also, though my 2 sons have had their hepa b vaccines while they're still babies. The lab. technician was confused bec. he's saying they're reactive & yet they also have antibodies. Did my husband got the infection out of our sexual intercourse (might be)? Please help me, doc, because I'll be graduating very soon & my plan of working in the US is our only hope to become at least financially stable. Life now is really difficult. Hoping to get an answer from you ASAP. Thank you & God bless you & your family!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
1. Yes it appears that you are a "carrier" but probably "inactive carrier" since your liver function tests are normal. I would think you can get further testing through your workplace since you are a nurse. 2. If your family members have antibodies, I suspect they were exposed and cleared the virus, or they may have antibodies because they were vaccinated. If they only have surface antibodies, they were vaccinated. If they have core and surface antibodies, they were exposed, but cleared the virus and are not at risk for liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Chest Cold A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Oral Ulcers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Sex With A Prostitute
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.