LIFE SPAN AVERAGE

Hey Dr.McGovern, I read that the average age at which someone with Hep C dies at is between 46-54..when will I die? I just got infected at 22, I am now 23. I don't drink or do drugs, I work out and stay healthy. I have genotype 1a, the one that is hard to cure..there are new meds on the way though..THANK GOD..Anyway's how long will I live, I know it varies, just an average would be perfect..and with the new meds coming out, do I still have hope for a cure..PLASE BE SO KIND TO ANSWER

I think the content you read is misleading.

1. Not everyone with HCV virus in their blood even develops liver disease. So just because you are infected doesn't mean that the virus is causing liver damage. You need a liver biopsy to determine that. 2. People who DO have liver disease can often benefit from treatment. More than half of patients (with genotype 1) are cured. The percent is even higher when you look at patients who took all their doses of medications. 3. There are exciting new drugs on the way, which will hopefully be available in a few years.

Hepatitis
hepititis c