Dec 3, 2006
How do you cure Hepatitis
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis A resolves on its own and does not cause chronic disease.
Treatment with interferon and ribavirin can cure hepatitis C. In hepatitis B, treatment usually leads to viral suppression and improvement of liver disease, but we don't usually use the word "cure".
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- Will Lymph Nodes Swell In Shingles?
- Will A Baby Have Herpes If The Mother Has It?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- What Systems Of The Body Do Shingles Affect?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.