PLEASE HELP! SO WORRIED

Morning Doctors

Please can you help!!!? I'm HIV+ female from England, on medication which is working very well (CD4 just above 300 and VL 50 copies) and no side effects to treatment, Sustiva & Kivexa. The thing is that I live in a shared house but have my own bathroom facilities. The other week I shaved my legs and accidentally broke the skin which bleed just a little and healed very quickly - since this happening a girl from the second floor has been using my shower - then my mind has started racing that I hope 1. She hasn't used my razor - as I have HIV and 2. Really paranoid incase she has an infection such as Hepatitis.

Do you think Im blowing things out of proportion? Or should I mention this to my HIV specialist?

I have received 3 vaccines for Hep and due another one in January 07.

Many thanks X

Annie

I think the risk is extremely low, but you can discuss further with your provider for your own reassurance.

Relapse of HCV
oral sex and hep C