Relapse of HCV

I was treated for HCV with Pegylated inerferon weekly inj. of 180ml & 800mg. of Ribavarin daily.My viral load was less than 600 copies after 3 months.I have taken the treatment for 6 months.But after 6 months of stopping the treatment there is relapse & viral load is 4,21000 copies.Pl. advise me for further course of action which can be taken Manju

I would start treatment again and treat for nine months after you obtain a non-detectable viral load since a major meta analysis suggested that the main issue is to have no detectable virus for a significant amount of time (9 months).

If you have genotype 3 infection, you may simply fall into a category of patients who need longer therapy than six months due to high viral load at baseline and slower response to therapy.

Don't be discouraged. I think you will due well over time. Another course of action is to wait (if you can) for newer therapies to come out over the next several years.

What is it?
PLEASE HELP! SO WORRIED