hep c treatment

Hi Dr. McGovern I've had hep c for for 10 yrs now'I also had a left kidney removed it was cancerous but contained also had cancerous tumer in the brain removed, it was also contained had one third of my right lung taken out also in the last 4 years. My question is will the treatment be safe for me or will it harm me more

thank you

This is quite a complicated question. I would discuss with your physician the extent of your liver disease before preceding to determine if you need treatment in the first place. I would also ask about the amount of your viral load and your genotype to get a better sense of your chances of responding.

Hep C prognosis
hep c