|hep c treatment
Nov 25, 2006
Hi Dr. McGovern I've had hep c for for 10 yrs now'I also had a left kidney removed it was cancerous but contained also had cancerous tumer in the brain removed, it was also contained had one third of my right lung taken out also in the last 4 years. My question is will the treatment be safe for me or will it harm me more
| Response from Dr. McGovern
This is quite a complicated question. I would discuss with your physician the extent of your liver disease before preceding to determine if you need treatment in the first place. I would also ask about the amount of your viral load and your genotype to get a better sense of your chances of responding.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Can A Woman Get Vaginal Warts?
- My Vagina Hurts And Has A Strange Smell Could It Be A Std
- 2nd Generation Elisa 3 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.