Nov 25, 2006
I had a finger stick with a dirty TB needle. What is my risk if the patient has Hep C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect extremely low since the TB needles are obviously extremely thin gauge with minimal risk of significant blood within the needle. I would certainly go to employee health to have the proper follow-up of your exposure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have A Swollen Lymph Node Does It Mean You Have Hiv?
- Symptoms Of Hiv Days Later
- Can 2 Hiv-positive Parents Have A Negative Child?
- How Long Does Hiv Last Outside The Body?
- How Long Does It Take An Hiv Positive Person To Start Showing Signs Of The Disease?
- When Do Hiv Spots Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.