Nov 25, 2006
I had a finger stick with a dirty TB needle. What is my risk if the patient has Hep C?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect extremely low since the TB needles are obviously extremely thin gauge with minimal risk of significant blood within the needle. I would certainly go to employee health to have the proper follow-up of your exposure.
Double false positive HepC HIV
Alcohol, Hep C, and Interferon Treatment
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Syphilis?
- Does Doxycycline Treat Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.