Nov 25, 2006
I had a finger stick with a dirty TB needle. What is my risk if the patient has Hep C?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect extremely low since the TB needles are obviously extremely thin gauge with minimal risk of significant blood within the needle. I would certainly go to employee health to have the proper follow-up of your exposure.
Double false positive HepC HIV
Alcohol, Hep C, and Interferon Treatment
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Chlamydia?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.