|hep b carrier can get marry?
Nov 25, 2006
dear doctor i am a healthy carrier of hepatitis b virus,can i get marry to a girl which is not vaccinated to hep b virus,please tell me as soon as possible afzal
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are an inactive carrier, you most likely have no or little circulating virus.
I would still advise a vaccine for your wife-to- be if possible. If not possible, you will probably not transmit virus but your carrier state needs to be monitored to be certain that this does not change.
Also you can consider the use of condoms.
Hepatitis B infection
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- When Can One Use Topical Skin Care On Dry Shingles?
- What Do Herpes Looks Like On Your Lips?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- Treatment For Perineal Herpes Sore
- Treating Late Stage Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.