|hep b carrier can get marry?
Nov 25, 2006
dear doctor i am a healthy carrier of hepatitis b virus,can i get marry to a girl which is not vaccinated to hep b virus,please tell me as soon as possible afzal
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are an inactive carrier, you most likely have no or little circulating virus.
I would still advise a vaccine for your wife-to- be if possible. If not possible, you will probably not transmit virus but your carrier state needs to be monitored to be certain that this does not change.
Also you can consider the use of condoms.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause Pain During Sex?
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.