Hepatitis C and HIV
Nov 25, 2006
Truvada based regimen used for treatment of Hepatitis B viral infection is said to be ineffective for Hepatitis C. What in your opinion will be the best drug combinations in a resource limited setting?.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Combination with tenofovir would certainly be most welcome, if costs can be accomodated. Other choices for hepatitis B are probably not going to be more affordable..Furthermore the other medications (entecavir and telbivudine) do not offer therapy against HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.