oh boy. lol

My son gave blood at a high school blood drive. He recieved a letter telling him he had hep B. I was in nursing in the 90's and was titerd for it, but my test results along with his at our physicians came back positive for both of us. My 5 year old came back negative. The 17 year old is mine from a previous marriage. I have never lived a risky life as I have read up on ways to aquire Hep B. I dont fit into any of the categories, except the nursing. My 17 yr. old son is a virgin. What in the world is going on. My wife the mother of my 5 year old is planning on getting tested Monday. This week has just about given us a nervous breakdown. Please give us some advice on how? should we get more testing done. I had drug induced hep in March from Methotrexate taken for psoriatic arthritis. I was hospitalized, but I have had hep tests in the past and they were negative. We just are really confused. I know this is probably as confusing to you. Our family is close and I can tell you for sure that my wife nor myself has put either at risk, and can believe my 17 yr. old when he tells me he is a virgin. could he have carried it this long without symptoms and aquired it from his mother. We have not seen her in 11 years. I know wow. Thanks

I would not lose any more sleep over this.

You do not have the full story yet for any of you.

Hepatitis B testing needs to be done fully and properly. You could easily have a false positive test. This occurs in about 5 percent of the population who donates blood. False positive tests occur more often in low risk populations.

Have a good nights sleep and talk to your physician next week about getting a proper work-up and evaluation for hepatitis B surface antigen hepatitis B core antibody and hepatitis B surface antibody.

HB results-sophea
ana ifa test