|hiv and hep viruses
Apr 7, 2001
Is it true that hep viruses (A, B or C?) are more easily transmitted than the hiv virus?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hepatitis A is trasmitted by the ingestion of food or water that carries the virus.Hepatitis B is equally trasmitted as HIV.Hepatitis C is very infectious and the inoculum(amount of .virus needed) is very small.If we consider that 15-20% of the HCV positive cases, that deny a percutaneous exposure ,but report sexual contact,with HCV positives ,the sexual trasmission may be 4 times more efficient than HIV in some groups.
Give me advice for treatment of chronical hep B and D
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Should I Get Tested After Giving Handjob?
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Neuropathy An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.