Hep B -Conversion look likely?

.Hello Drs.

I was diagnosed with chronic HBV approx. 18 mos. ago. I have completed 4 mos. of Interferon therapy (5 IU every day). I have also been on Epivir for 3 mos. (100 mg. per day). My doc is quite encouraged by the results. My viral load is now in the indetectable range (<400,000 copies - down from >500 million copies in Sept.) and my liver enzymes remain elevated. For this reason, my doc feels that I will likely convert. My question is, do you agree that a E-antigen/E-antibody conversion is likely? Should I stay on the Interferon even though 4 mos. is the standard treatment? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Around 30-40% of patients that are treated with interferon will have clearance of HBVDNA,and HBeAg.The relapse rate isvery low if you also clear the HBsAg;but this only is acieved in 10% of cases.All the trials of combination of IFN and lamiduvine, have not shown improvement in responses.There are some studies that suggest that prolongued treatment with lamiduvine. may increase the HBeAg clearance.You may consider to remain in Epivir for 18 months ,after you finish interferon,if you do not achieve loss of HBeAg with your present tretment.

Electrolysis and HIV
Give me advice for treatment of chronical hep B and D