|Hep C & Children
Nov 25, 2006
I have Hep C Geotype 1 and my wife and I want to have a child. Can I pass Hep C to my wife or our unborn child?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is uncommonly transmitted sexually, particularly among monogamous couples. You should discuss the risks in detail with your wife's OB physician for further advice. The risk of sexual transmission is about 2 to 3 percent among monogamous couples.
Person with Hep C, B, & Cirosis
Need Help On Hep C Question?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Pubic Hair?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Do People Get HIV From Sharing A Toothbrush?
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Flaky Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Fever A Symptom Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.