Hep C & Children
Nov 25, 2006
I have Hep C Geotype 1 and my wife and I want to have a child. Can I pass Hep C to my wife or our unborn child?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is uncommonly transmitted sexually, particularly among monogamous couples. You should discuss the risks in detail with your wife's OB physician for further advice. The risk of sexual transmission is about 2 to 3 percent among monogamous couples.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Will Happen If I Touched A Genital Herpes Scab?
- What To The Herpes Ulcer Look Like?
- What Percentage Of People Die From Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What If Your Partner Has Hpv?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.