CLEARING OF HEP C

I recently went through Interferon/Riba therapy for 14 weeks for my genetype 2b, 47,000 viral load (4.7 LOG) Hep C. I cleared the virus and after 6 months I am still clear. Now my question is, when I go to a doctor one of the questions usually on their forms asks you general health questions and then one of health questions is "Do you have Hep C?" How do I answer that now? Do I write "Yes, but cleared, gone, cured," etc... Or do I just answer "No" ???? This question is also on my form for me to fill out for my husband and I to get life insurance. I don't know how I am supposed to answer.

Your answer is technically that you "had" hepatitis C but fully cleared the virus.

Hepatitis C is no longer a medical issue for you (eg, you cannot get liver disease) but the antibody will come up positive when insurance companies draw your blood. Noone should deny you coverage based on the antibody test. If they do, have your physician write a note to firmly attest that you have cleared your infection and are not at risk for liver disease.

Best of luck.

heptitis c
test