|tests for heb b
Nov 25, 2006
mam,this is my test report
hep A -ve
hep c virus antibody -ve
hep b igm -ve
HBc Ab igg/total reactive 1.404
what does this report mean?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It probably means that you have been exposed to hepatitis B virus in the past but cleared the infection. Your surface antibody should be checked. If your HBsAb is also positive then you have indeed been exposed in the past but are NOT chronically infected.
If your surface antibody is negative, your blood test can be a false positive as well. This will need further discussion with your physician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.