hepatitis and hiv

hi i'm a police officer and on saturday morning the guy i locked up scratched me in the neck with his bloody hands.what is the liklyhood of me catching something?

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Thelikehood of getting HIV orHBV is very low.In terms of hepatitis C, the setting that you describe, can be analized as an occupational risk.There have been no recorded infections with blood splashes in unbroken skin.In the case of punctures the risk is less than 1.8%,and depend on the size of hollow needles.Scratched skin would be a less probable portal of infection than a wound or puncture.Your risk is very low, but anyway, I suggest you do a HCV antibody test now, and in 6 months.

Husband has Hep B
Electrolysis and HIV