|hepatitis and hiv
Apr 7, 2001
hi i'm a police officer and on saturday morning the guy i locked up scratched me in the neck with his bloody hands.what is the liklyhood of me catching something?
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Thelikehood of getting HIV orHBV is very low.In terms of hepatitis C, the setting that you describe, can be analized as an occupational risk.There have been no recorded infections with blood splashes in unbroken skin.In the case of punctures the risk is less than 1.8%,and depend on the size of hollow needles.Scratched skin would be a less probable portal of infection than a wound or puncture.Your risk is very low, but anyway, I suggest you do a HCV antibody test now, and in 6 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be Ars
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.