|Husband has Hep B
Apr 7, 2001
Hello. My husband was recently diagnosed with hep b and alpha 1 antitripsyn deficiency. I however, am negative for the hep b virus. My question is: if I am immunized for hep b can we ever have "unprotected" sex again? Will he always have this? I have looked through your forum and I am still confused. Please help. Thank you so much for your efforts.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If your husband has hepatitis B you need to be inmmune to the virus,to have unprotected sex.You need to check with your doctor, if you have antibodies against hepatitis B that provide you with protection against a future infection.If you do not have antibodies ,you can receive the vaccine and become inmmune.Then you will not have any risk with sexual contact with your husband. You should have safe sex till you check this,and get the vaccine if it is needed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.