Nov 3, 2006
which is the defference between rna pcr and hcv rna pcr? thanks!
Response from Dr. McGovern
RNA just refers to a type of virus. There are DNA viruses and RNA viruses. PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction. It is a very sensitive test for detecting virus.
HCV RNA PCR just refers to testing of hepatitis virus by PCR assay. I would consider it equivalent to RNA PCR.
HCV/Not In Archives
- What Is Considered Casual Contact?
- Hiv Test Accuracy At 4 Weeks From Exposure
- Can You Catch A Std Or Hiv From A Shaving Razor?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Can Hiv Go Away On Its Own?
- How Accurate Are Current Hiv Tests At 5 Weeks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.