Nov 3, 2006
which is the defference between rna pcr and hcv rna pcr? thanks!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
RNA just refers to a type of virus. There are DNA viruses and RNA viruses. PCR stands for polymerase chain reaction. It is a very sensitive test for detecting virus.
HCV RNA PCR just refers to testing of hepatitis virus by PCR assay. I would consider it equivalent to RNA PCR.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Sign Of AIDS?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.