hepatitis c

Had GI scope in feb in may noted my urine red it turned out to be bili AST 1600 at that time sm anti positive hep pannel neg. I was on diovan and lipitor had biopsy which looked like med reation no fibrosis or cirrhosis other thought was autoimmune,but the following week a repeat hep pannel was pos for hep c anti load of 2.5 mill I work in the med field last hep pannel done on 5/05 was neg as well.Could this have been acute hep c?one month after the first LFT were found I did an hiv anti neg,also hiv dna by pcr neg. Do I need to repeat this?I can not think of any other exposure.Because of the sm could this have been a drug reation that reactivated chronic hep and if so why have my hep pannel been neg.The hep done when my enzymes were going up was 0.3 the following 1.3 then 45.Treatment has been started but before starting a load had been done that dropped to 280,000.One month after being treatment I had neg viral load <10 at 3 months still neg.What do you think? Thank you

With the clear documentation of the negative HCV antibody in 2005, I do believe you acquired acute hepatitis C. I can't tell how long after the first set of liver enzymes you were started on HCV therapy. I usually follow a few HCV RNA levels over a 12 week period during acute HCV infection to see if the virus cleared on its own. Looks like you are doing well though and will most likely be a "cure".

Since you are in the medical field, I would also make certain your other immunizations are up to date.

Spontaneous Clearence of HVC
rna pcr