Nov 3, 2006
My mother was just diagnosed with Hepatitis C. She takes care of my infant while I work. What precautions should we take to make sure that my little one does not contract this awful disease?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There is no risk to your baby. Your mother just needs to cover a cut if she bleeds so no blood is exposed to your baby.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- Does Metronidazole Treat Chlamydia?
- What Are Some Short-term Effects Of Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.