Nov 3, 2006
My mother just found out that she has Hepatitis C. What should she do to increase her chances of surrvial from this disease?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The most important thing to do is to get a good history and physical examination and then to find out if she has past or current infection. This is done by checking for hepatitis C virus in the bloodstream.
HEP C AND HIV SYMPTOMS
Could you explain this Hep. B result to me
- Hiv Does Not Live Outside A Human Host
- Are Swollen Thyroid Glands A Symptom Of Aids?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- Can You Be An Hiv Carrier And Still Be Negative?
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- How Do People Find Out They're Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.