Is there specific diet for HBV patients?

Please allow me to say that I like you so much doctor even though I have never ever met you in my whole life and might not at all. You are a great and kind-hearted person before being a wonderful doctor which is so clear from your answers and help to others. You did answer two questions for me before and I greatly thank you for that.

My question is regarding diet for HBV patient. I tried to find information about that on the net but there wasn't much.

I have noticed that in the past year(I discovered that I am infected nearly 7 months ago) that I always have stomach pain whenever I eat fatty or greasy food. Also milk, egg, cheese causes me a stomachache as well as a sort of dairia. The shape of my stool has also changed in the past 5 or 6 months from normally hard dark brown stool to extremely soft and light brown colors.

Do you think there is a direct relationship between my HBV case(HBs Ag +, HBe Ag -, HBV DNA(PCR)less than 10000 copies)and the current stomach pain and digestive problems I am facing? What do you reccommend for food intake and what medical test I should go through to make sure about the real cause?

Finally, thank you again for your help.

From your laboratories and your symptoms I doubt you have an illness that is related to your hepatitis B. I wonder if your gall bladder may be a concern due to your discomfort after eating fatty foods. Another consideration could be a stomach ulcer. However, the main thing to do is to go to a good physician for a full history and examination to direct your work-up.

You should also get six month follow-ups with your physician for your hepatitis B infection. YOu should also be vaccinated against Hepatitis A since you have a chronic liver infection.

I am very happy you enjoy the forum. Thank you for your kind words.

UND 3 months post tx
hepa B cures ?