Nov 3, 2006
What is Hepatitis AB? I was told it is the same thing as Hepatitis C. Surely there is some difference. What is it?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B and hepatitis C are both viruses that can cause inflammation in the liver. The most common causes of hepatitis B are sexual transmission and injection drug use. The most common causes of hepatitis C are injection drug use and sometimes sexual transmission from an infected partner.
Hepatitis B is usually cleared successfully; hepatitis C usually becomes a chronic infection.
UND 3 months post tx
- Should I Get Tested After Needle Stick?
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Warts From A Razor?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.