Hepititis b

I recently was diagnoses with hepititis B About 6 weeks ago. My liver function has recovered completly and was said to be back to normal. However My doctor said that i still had the virus in my body. I think it was called the hep b e-antigen? I'm not really sure. I was told to come back for more blood work in about 2 months. My question is: My doctor said i could have a drink or two in a month. Is this normal? or should i not drink at all? It's been very hard to not go out with my friends for happy hour and enjoy a beer or two. I was confused as to how laxed my doctor was by saying. Well if you want to have a drink or so in a month go ahead. Is this normal? Or would i be ok to have a drink now since my liver is back to normal?

Thanks

It sounds like you just recently had acute hepatitis B infection. However, the normalization of your liver function tests is reassuring and you will probably completely clear the virus. I agree that it is reasonable to have a drink or two in a month to first let your liver rest completely.

You will want to discuss with your physician what your risk factor for hepatitis B infection was. Also you may want to get immunized against hepatitis A if you have risk factors for that as well. Discuss this with your physician.

Could someone tell me what this means?
Hepatitis AB