Why shouldn't I start treatment?

Hello Doctor.

Let me start by thanking you greatly for the help you provide for the readers of this website.

My doctor says treatment should not be initiated for me because I am HBe Ag negative and my HBV DNA(PCR) is less than 10,000 copies/ml of blood.

But the continuous thought and worries I have that these virus are eating my liver slowly and I can't do anything is killing me and destroying my life.

I am sooooo angry and disappointed with my doctor. Why the treatment is not useful for me even though there are viruses flowing in my blood and eating up my liver continuously?

I want to know.........plz answer me..........plz.

Your doctor is giving you reasonable advice based on what we know in 2006. That may change in 2007.

I would consider discussing a liver biopsy with your physician. If you don't have any liver disease, then you will be able to rest more easily. Also remember that he is telling you what is now being recommended by most authorities. However, it is possible that in the future, the recommendations may change. If he does not want to pursue a liver biopsy, that is reasonable, since the guidelines don't necessarily recommend this with this kind of HBV profile.

hepatitis c GENO TYPE 1A
Could someone tell me what this means?