Oct 31, 2006
The person I room with has hep C and is in her final stages. My question is then, how do I prevent from becoming infected with the disease?
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is transmitted from sharing injection drugs or uncommonly by sex. I do not encourage sharing of razors between roommates.
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Surface Scratch?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.