Please help me out

I have been confirmed to have Hepatitis B surface antigen. Hepatitis B Core IgM and Hepatitis Be Antigen has not been detected.As per USG of whole abdomen with color duplex doppler study of portal venous system live is enlarged in size;Gall Bladder, Common Bile Duct, Pancreas, Spleen, Kidneys,Urinary Bladder and Prostate are normal.The doctor has asked me to go for another test namely HBV DNA Quantative.I am worried as I never had any symptoms and I am afraid if time is running out. How long will it take for me to be completely cured and lead a normal life?

I agree that you need a test of your HBV DNA, a measure of the amount of virus in your blood.

If there is no HBV DNA, then you may be an inactive carrier. If there is detectable HBV DNA, then you have many choices of medications - entecavir, interferon, adefovir, lamivudine, and the newest drug to come out last week in the US - telbivudine.

I suspect you will have HBV DNA since your liver is enlarged. I would also recommend a liver biopsy to see if you need therapy right now.

hepB & HIV
BEGGING FOR ANSWER!!!!!!PLEASE