hepB & HIV

I had been diagnosed with HepB in 1989. Shortly thereafter developed the antibodies. In Oct. 2004, I was diagnosed HIV+. I'm currently on Epzicom, Reyataz 300mg, and Norvir 100mg. Undectable VL and 584 CD4. Recent liver function tests are normal with a slight increase in my billirubin to 1.2. Aside from the usual yellowing effect the boost Norvir can cause, Should i be concerned about the effects of my medications considering my past HepB history? Can i contract HepB again? Do you recommend a HepA or HepC vaccination?

Good questions. Let's proceed with the answers: 1. If you have developed antibodies to HBV then you are now protected. Your core and surface antibodies (antiHBc and antiHBs) should be positive. 2. Your HIV tests are terrific. Continue the good work. 3. The slight increase in bilirubin is probably related to Reyataz. Nothing to worry about. 4. You should do well on these medications. Just get your routine check ups and monitoring of liver function tests. 5. No you can't get hepatitis B again. 6. You should definitely get HAV vaccine if you have never been exposed. Unfortunately there is no vaccine for HCV at present.

Question about Test Results
Please help me out