enough

Would three neg riba tests 15 weeks/18 weeks/35 weeks after a low risk exposure (protected sex with a pros) mean a definite neg outcome for hep c? I also have a neg hcv pcr by rna test 18 weeks after exposure. The riba tests were used after a reactive screening test, 1.0 score. I believe the neg ribas mean neg for antibody and the neg pcr means neg for virus. Is this correct? Thanks for your help, Dr M. You're the best.

Your biggest fan

I wouldn't have sent the first one so yes - you are certainly negative for HCV testing.

The RIBA is an excellent test for HCV. However, I only use it when I am referred a patient who is at very low risk for HCV but has a positive ELISA test. The RIBA helps to determine if the ELISA was a false positive. That is about the only circumstance in which I use it.

Thanks for your question. I am very glad you like the forum!

hep b
Hepatitis b urine exposure risk? Please help!