interferon and viral count

Is there a protocol as to when it is best to start Inferen treatment, i.el, what viral load, enzyme levels etc. I am researching if with a load viral load and normal enzymes, I should even consider treatment. Thank you

I don't base a decision as to whether to treat a patient for HCV on the level of virus. The virus level does not correlate with disease.

I also don't decide to treat a patient based on whether their liver tests are abnormal or not. The patient can still have disease with normal liver function tests.

A liver biopsy is a very helpful tool to determine if someone has significant scarring or inflammation in the liver.

cells
Hep c and cirrhosis