|Detox and HIV/Hep C Coinfection
Oct 31, 2006
Does HIV/Hep C coinfection prolong the the length of time it takes to metabolize(Detox)THC from the system? Does Sustiva or any treatment drug ever give false-positive results on urinalysis(UA)?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You ask a good question. I am not aware of information that shows that THC takes longer to clear. However, Sustiva (efavirenz) CAN give a positive urine test.
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
- Topical Cream For Shingles And Nerve Pain
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Syphilis And The Immune System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.