hepatits c

hello doctor, i am suffering from high bilurbin 3.44 for last 14 months , it some times increases , my doctor done liver biopsy, it was normal, but my Hbag was positive, hcv rna was positive, again my doctor did tested hcv rna by real time pcr method in which hcv was not detected. i want to know why hcv is positive with above method , and negative by pcr method , why my bilurbin is high , Hbag is positive

It sounds like you have chronic hepatitis B. Whether or not you have chronic hepatitis C is unclear.

Your bilirubin may be elevated from many different causes. I would get a fractionated bilirubin. If it is "indirect" you may have a condition called Gilbert's syndrome which is very common. It just indicates that your body handles bilirubin a little differently than others - but it is not important at all.

If it is direct, then you might want to think more about the liver. However, it sounds like you have received good news on the biopsy.

You haven't said if you have evidence of HBV DNA.

An avid reader's question
Detox and HIV/Hep C Coinfection