Oct 20, 2006
Hello, Doctor recently i have started working as a health carerer within the disability services. The job involves personal hygine, showers and assiting with other daily functions. I have found out that one of the patients has Hep B and i have not been immunised yet. What are my chances of catching this and what measures can i take to prevent infection from occuring.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should avoid cotact with body fluids; get immunized with your first shot to prevent any HBV acquisition; the other people who share this space should also be immunized.
Length of treatment
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.