|safe sex between hepc woman and noninfected woman?
Oct 20, 2006
1) Can a hep c infected woman transmit the disease to another woman while having making love in any way normal way?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You need to be aware that the way we think hepatitis C is transmitted requires blood to blood exposure. Sexual transmission of HCV in general is very uncommon. I worry more about men who have sex with men since there have been multiple reports of acute hepatitis C in recent months. Transmission seems to be associated with traumatic sex or a history of genital ulcers.
TREATMENT EFFECTS WITH GENOTYPE KNOWN
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- Is There A Relation Between Homosexuality And Hiv?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Urine Culture?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.