|TREATMENT EFFECTS WITH GENOTYPE KNOWN
Oct 20, 2006
Recently dx with HCV and now know that the Genotype is 1A. Could you shead some light as to what to expect in the treatment and since it is 1A, is this the worst type? Please help.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Most people in the US have genotype 1. The response rates keep getting higher though so that your chance is about 45 percent. However, a good way of telling if your chance is very good is by looking at your viral load result by 4 weeks of treatment. If the viral load has declined by 2 logs, your chance of cure is excellent.
safe sex between hepc woman and noninfected woman?
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Will Happen If I Don't Treat Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- Is It A Uti Or Chlamydia?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.