|TREATMENT EFFECTS WITH GENOTYPE KNOWN
Oct 20, 2006
Recently dx with HCV and now know that the Genotype is 1A. Could you shead some light as to what to expect in the treatment and since it is 1A, is this the worst type? Please help.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Most people in the US have genotype 1. The response rates keep getting higher though so that your chance is about 45 percent. However, a good way of telling if your chance is very good is by looking at your viral load result by 4 weeks of treatment. If the viral load has declined by 2 logs, your chance of cure is excellent.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- HIV Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.