Hepatitos

I had hepititis when I was in my teens many years ago. I am in good health, do not drink any alcohol or smoke. Take vit. and eat healthy. when I have a physical exam,lab work etc. everything is very good except my liver enzymes are elevated. I had a liver biospy about 25 years ago after a physical exam and the specialist told me @ that time if I lived a clean life I should not have any problem,and would not be contagious which I have done and have not had any health problems. I had a physical for life insurance recently and was denied because of my elevated sgot etc. all other testing,and other lab test were excellent. Will I always have that to show up elevated in my lab testing. Thank you for any help you can give.

It is hard to say. If you have chronic hepatitis B or C, sometimes liver function tests can actually become normal despite the presence of infection and inflammation.

I would want to have you tested for hepatitis viruses. If these are negative, then I would pursue other causes for liver disease.

HIV positive and Hepatitis B or C concern
TREATMENT EFFECTS WITH GENOTYPE KNOWN