|Resent HCV DX
Oct 9, 2006
My husband was recently dx w/hcv.They said his labs were 6.63 or4,250,000. What stage is he in, and do we have to were a condom from now on? I was tested with the hep panel and they came back neg. Do I have to get re-checked as well.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Staging of HCV is done with a liver biopsy or sometimes through fibrosis markers on blood.
I am glad you are HCV negative. The risk in monogamous couples is about 1 to 2 percent. Condoms are protective.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.