Fasting and Heb c

dear doctor i am writing again about my 38 year old mom. This is the month of Ramadan and muslims are supposed to fast i wanted to ask you if it's ok for my mom to fast even though she has hep c. This means she cant eat or drink for about 12 hrs a day this caused her tounge to go all dry and she was really thristy. Do you recommand she continues fasting or stop beacuse of the symptoms. Please answer this as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

The main issue is more related to her kidney function since getting dehydrated is more a concern for this. The other issue is diabetes, where fasting can be certainly problematic. I wouldn't be overly concerned about hepatitis C.

Best regards,

HBV Conversion
Resent HCV DX