|Can cocaine use ie....
Oct 9, 2006
sharing notes to snort the substance cause you to catch hepatitis? and if so what are the symptoms? thankyou.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sharing straws for intranasal cocaine has been associated with transmission of HCV - probably from exposure of blood on straws to breaks in nasal mucosa (skin) which leads to blood to blood contact.
Cocaine use in itself can also leads to "ischemic hepatitis". Cocaine constricts blood vessels that provide oxygen to the liver. This can be a very serious condition and there are some case reports of death.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Cancer From A Std?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.