|normal level of alt/ast
Oct 9, 2006
Hey Dr. M.,
1 very short q. What is the 'normal' range of alt/ast/albu/bilirubin/creatinine for a male, 52 yo?
Mnay thanks for your help, Dr M. You are wonderful to help so many so selflessly.
Response from Dr. McGovern
All laboratories establish their own normal ranges based on bloods from healthy volunteers. Hence, every lab has their own set of cut-offs so you must receive your lab result in the context of a "range" that is normal for that particular laboratory.
In other words, every lab is different.
HCV False Positive
Can cocaine use ie....
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Receiving Oral Sex
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Open Wound
- Are Oral Ulcers An Ars Symptom?
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.