Oct 9, 2006
my boyfriend has hcv, he gave up the relation because of his situation. Is there really a big chance that i can get that too? If i wanted to live together. Can u please give me advise.And how long is the medication? Is really a solution to cure hcv? thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is not transmitted casually. It is transmitted mainly by injection drug use with sharing of needles or equipment. It is uncommonly spread by intercourse. The risk among monogamous couples is about 1 to 2 percent.
Condoms are protective. We also suggest avoiding the sharing of razors.
hepabig and vaccine
please OCD rebound
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Safe?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Oral Sex
- What Is The Risk Of Erotic Massage?
- Is Dizziness An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.