Oct 9, 2006
my boyfriend has hcv, he gave up the relation because of his situation. Is there really a big chance that i can get that too? If i wanted to live together. Can u please give me advise.And how long is the medication? Is really a solution to cure hcv? thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is not transmitted casually. It is transmitted mainly by injection drug use with sharing of needles or equipment. It is uncommonly spread by intercourse. The risk among monogamous couples is about 1 to 2 percent.
Condoms are protective. We also suggest avoiding the sharing of razors.
hepabig and vaccine
please OCD rebound
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Top?
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of AIDS?
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous Is Anus Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.