| Hepatitus B carrier
Oct 9, 2006
I'm positive for Hepatitus B. The doctor said i'm a carrier. What does it mean? Will i have a liver cancer? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your doctor said you are a "carrier" that means you were infected in the past and never cleared the virus. It is still in your body, but right now it is not causing disease. That is good news.
You will need ongoing periodic follow-up at approximately six month intervals to be certain that your disease stays as an "inactive carrier".
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.